Reliable Pest Solutions In Notus, ID
If you go walking outside on a summer day in Notus, Idaho, you're likely to notice lots of critters and insects. The landscape is filled with life. Most of these creatures don't present a problem for Notus residents. The few that do create some trouble can be managed with a little elbow grease and a little know-how.
Join us as we discuss some scientific ways Canyon County pest control keeps pests out of Notus homes and businesses. We'll also take a look at a few clever ways you, yourself, can keep pests out as well.
Residential Pest Control In Notus, ID
At Affinity Pest Control, our team members use well-established residential pest control methods designed by entomologists and experts in the pest control industry. Here are just a few ways we get this tough job done:
- Professional inspections catch warning signs and conducive conditions early. If carpenter ants are starting to become a problem, we apply bait to stop them from damaging your home. If paper wasps have decided to build a nest on your property, we knock it down.
- Spider web removal works to deter spiders in a few key ways. The removal of a web lets the spider that created that web know that your home is not a safe place for it to create webs. And an absence of webs deters other spiders from creating webs on your home. Wiping down key areas provides further protection as spiders look for dust and dirt as a sign of a secluded location. On top of all this, removing spider webs can remove egg sacs with hundreds of eggs inside them.
- Caulking is used to seal gaps and holes pests may use to enter your home. Protection like this is particularly important around moisture points.
- Crack and crevice treatments help to deter a wide range of insects and bugs. No exterior can be completely sealed. These treatments provide another layer of protection.
- An application of granular products in the perimeter around your home provides long-lasting deterrence. Every time it rains, these granules release a little of the active ingredient inside. Simple organisms that come in contact with this ingredient will not want to live near your home.
These and other methods work to target pests where they are active and use their natural behavior patterns to let them know they're not welcome. When performed by a licensed IPM professional, your perimeter will have a layer of protection that will work to keep pests out and reduce certain unwanted pests in your yard, such as mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas.
Commercial Pest Control In Notus, ID
There is no place for pests in commercial environments. An IPM-trained commercial specialist can help to keep pests out while keeping all government regulatory standards. Together, these help to establish a productive work environment that is always up to code.
Along with perimeter protection, your commercial specialist can apply pest control measures that target pests that are particularly troublesome for your business and your industry, such as stored product pests, flies, cockroaches, and rodents. If you own or operate a business in Notus, reach out to Affinity Pest Control to develop a commercial pest management plan for your business.
Five Quick Tips To Keep Dangerous Cockroaches Out Of Your Notus Home
Cockroaches are unsanitary pests that are known to pick up bacteria, parasitic worms, and other microorganisms in dirty spaces. When they get into your home, they have the potential to make you sick.
These five tips will not only help you keep cockroaches out of your home, they'll also help to reduce the health risks associated with cockroaches:
- Keep garbage protected in covered receptacles. Clean your receptacles to remove odors that can attract roaches from a distance and store receptacles away from exterior doors.
- Stay on top of cleaning up any dog waste in your yard.
- If you have compost, make sure it is properly mixed.
- Keep the interior of your home as clean as possible. If cockroaches can't find an ideal environment in your home, they may not wish to stay.
- Another way to make the environment in your home unwelcoming to cockroaches is to repair plumbing issues and install dehumidifiers where necessary.
Why Spiders Enter Notus Homes & How To Keep Them Out
When spiders create webs on your home, they hatch eggs near your home. As you have more spiders crawling around on your exterior, there is more of a chance that spiders will get inside. The most important reason you have spiders in your home is that you have lots of spiders near the outside of your home. The second reason is that you have entry points.
Here are a few tips to address both of these factors:
- Remove webs to deter spiders and remove spider sacs.
- Replace exterior white lights with yellow lights to reduce the insects spiders eat.
- Reduce moisture that attracts the bugs spiders eat, as well as the spiders themselves.
- Remove organic debris such as leaves, sticks, and stacked wood. Spiders find food in organic debris.
- Protect your trash and keep receptacles clean to reduce the many pests that spiders may prey upon.
- Seal your exterior to keep spiders from getting inside.
If you take these steps, you may be able to make interior spider sightings a thing of the past. When more control is needed, contact Affinity Pest Control for year-round pest control service.
Recent Blog Articles
Think you've seen a black widow spider lurking around your Meridian home? These spiders are highly venomous, so it may be time to get educated.Read More
Ticks taken over your Nampa yard? If you're anxious about an infestation, it may help you to know more about these parasitic arachnids.Read More
Think you've got a pavement ant problem on your hands? If you're not sure, it may be time to read up on these prolific nuisance pests.Read More