What Causes Bed Bugs In Caldwell Homes?
January 11, 2022
Here in Caldwell, bed bugs are more of a threat than ever before. These six-legged insects are all too keen to crawl into our homes and business, leaving behind a trail of itchy bites and red welts. Bed bugs may be able to slip into your home undetected, innocuously stemming from bystanders and public transportation mediums. It may be impossible to keep bed bugs out of your Caldwell house despite your best intentions for long periods.
Unmistakable Signs Of Bed Bugs
If you suspect that bed bugs may be nearby, understanding their initial signs and symptoms of infestation will pay off.
Evaluate your body and home for the following:
- Itchy bites on your legs, arms, back, or lower body.
- Spotting dark brown or red stains on bed sheets, pillows, and sleepwear.
- Discovering exoskeletons grouped underneath beds, near windows, and in other areas of high traffic.
- A sweet or almost sickly odor in the overnight rooms of the house usually congregated around one or two specific locations.
- Noticing feelings of weakness, anemia, or patches of hair loss.
If any of these symptoms are present in or around your home, it may be wise to contact Caldwell pest control professionals.
Picking Up Bed Bugs From People And Public Transportation
There are three primary ways people pick up bed bug activity: people, transportation, and secondhand items.
Bed bugs crawl onto people, luggage, and clothing while in bed bug hotspots, quickly establishing themselves in your backpacks and baggage. As they return to your home, these pests will promptly create pseudo ‘nests’ inside of couches, mattresses, and other upholstery, feeding on people and pets for as long as possible.
Bed bug hotspots are generally found in areas of public transportation, notably airport terminals, bus stations, and cruise ships. Other sites may also harbor significant activity, notably hotels or vacation rentals. In either case, these pests and their hotspots should be avoided at all costs.
How To Prevent From Bringing Bed Bugs Into Your Home
Although it’s impossible to remove every possible chance of bed bug exposure in the home, it is possible to eliminate potential infestations before they take root.
Use the following tips to defend your Caldwell home as much as possible:
- After returning from a trip, wash all clothing, setting temperatures to the highest heat setting.
- Check your overnight lodgings for bed bug activity, and leave immediately if any suspicious symptoms are discovered.
- Refrain from purchasing secondhand appliances if you are unfamiliar with the source.
- Get an initial inspection or a special bed bug control treatment from the trained professionals at Affinity Pest Control.
Contact Affinity Pest Control today to confirm your place in our bed bug treatment roster.
What To Do If You Spot Signs Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
At Affinity Pest Control, our greatest strength is in powerful, timely bed bug control treatments that genuinely make a difference for our customers. With fast-acting sprays, baits, and other modern services, our service technicians have everything it takes to make your home entirely bed-bug-free.
Call today and take advantage of our special bed bug control offer, or get a free quote by submitting an online contact form. We’re looking forward to getting in touch with you soon.