The Trick To Keeping Mosquitoes Away From Your Caldwell Yard
March 15, 2022
Mosquitoes- oh no! Are you seeking the best pesticide for mosquitoes? Finding a company specializing in pest control in Caldwell, like Affinity Pest Control, can take care of mosquitoes in Idaho and keep mosquitoes away.
Our qualified technicians can help homeowners interested in more natural ways to repel mosquitoes. We can even check over the property and recommend tablets that kill mosquitoes in standing water.
Mosquitoes: The Life Cycle Of This Little Fly
Maybe you haven’t spent hours wondering about the ongoings of the mosquito. Consider this, though: one of the best ways to begin waging war against mosquitoes in Idaho is to learn more about this insect.
The mosquito has four distinct stages:
1. Eggs. Every mosquito starts its journey of life inside these baby protectors. While dry eggs can survive for months, most momma mosquitoes know to lay their eggs in or near water or where water will later accumulate for the best chances of success. Hatching occurs anywhere from days to months, depending on the type of mosquito, water temperatures, and nourishment.
2. Larvae. These little guys are the hatchlings or wigglers that emerge from mosquito eggs. The larvae live in the same water they hatched in and fill their growing bellies.
3. Pupae. These babies are getting bigger and have become the last immature mosquito stage in as little as five days. Pupae still live in the water but have stopped feeding now.
4. Adults. If all goes well, pupae can develop into a grown mosquito in a couple of days. This insect has fully formed wings and can fly away from the water source to begin the cycle all over again.
Mosquito Bites Can Be More Than Just Annoying
While it can be frustrating to swat at mosquitoes after your blood, it can be merited. A mosquito is dangerous. It’s no wonder some homeowners want the best pesticide for mosquitoes.
West Nile virus, Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE), dengue fever, chikungunya, and Zika virus are some conditions this bug can transmit. Every year, unsuspecting people become victims of these flying pests.
Removing Factors That Attract Mosquitoes To Your Yard
There are plenty of natural ways to repel mosquitoes. Most methods used to control these pests don’t use chemicals. Implementing the following strategies can help homeowners reduce mosquito populations on their properties.
- Drain Potted Plants. It’s common to add potted plants to brighten up outdoor living spaces. The trouble begins when these plants start collecting excess water. Ensure all pots have proper drainage holes, so there is nowhere for standing water to sit.
- Empty Standing Water. Dump anything filled with rainwater after storms come through Caldwell. Before showers are expected, consider turning over anything where water could accumulate.
- Remove Items That Could Collect Water. Instead of using tablets to kill mosquitoes in standing water, take the proactive approach and eliminate potential threats. The usual suspects are birdbaths, pet bowls, flowerpots, uncovered rain barrels, and plastic pools.
- Stay On Top Of Yard Work. Don’t give these pests places to hide. Keep grass cut short and regularly trim shrubbery. Spread cedar mulch in beds around the house for added protection.
The Best Way To Keep Mosquitoes Away In Caldwell
There are many ways to try and deter the mosquito. But when it comes to the best approach to keep mosquitoes away, reaching out to Affinity Pest Control is the clear winner. Our trained professionals provide expert pest control in Caldwell. We even offer same-day service and always guarantee our work!